The Tatkal rules are changing frequently most of times during the railway budget announcements. The IRCTC Tatkal timings, IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Charges are changing all the time. The IRCTC Tatkal ticket charges have been fixed at a percentage of fare at the rate of 10% of basic fare for second class and 30% of basic fare for all other classes subject to the minimum and maximum as given in the following table.
|Class of Travel||Minimum Charges (in Rs.)||Maximum Charges (in Rs.)|
|AC Chair Car||100.00||200.00|
|AC 3 Tier||250.00||350.00|
|AC 2 Tier||300.00||400.00|
- The above charges will be levied uniformly both in peak period non-peak periods.
- At the time of preparation of charts, the remaining tatkal tickets will be released to the General RAC/Waiting list passengers.
- Tatkal facility is also available in Executive Class of Shatabadi Express trains also, by earmarking 10% of the accommodation available i.e. 5 seats per coach.
- Tatkal booking opens at 10 AM on One day in advanceto the actual date of journey excluding date of journey.
- No duplicate Irctc Tatkal ticket will be issued. Duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued only in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including Tatkal charges.
- Irctc Tatkal ticket will be given only on producing the following valid ID proofs:
- Voter Photo identity card issued by Election Commission of India
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
- Driving Licence issued by RTO.
- Photo identity card having serial number issued by Central/State Government.
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students.
- Nationalized Bank Passbook with photograph.
- Credit cards issued by banks with laminated photograph.
- Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar”.
- Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government, District Administration, Municipal bodies and Penchant Administration.
- The details of the identity proof shall be captured by the system and indicated on the reserved tickets as well on the reservation chart.
- It will not be mandatory for the passenger(s) to go to the counter to book the Tatkal ticket, however, the proof will have to be sent in the aforementioned manner.
- During the journey, the passenger, whose identity card number has been indicated on the ticket, will have to produce original proof of identity indicated on the ticket, failing which all the passengers booked on the ticket shall be treated as traveling without ticket and charged accordingly. Indication will come on the ticket regarding carrying the same original proof of identity during the journey, as indicated on the ticket.
- If the passenger whose identity card number is indicated on the ticket is not traveling, all other passengers booked on that ticket, if found traveling in train, will be treated as traveling without ticket and charged accordingly.
- Agents / RTSAs/Web service agents/Web agents of IRCTC are restricted from the booking Tatkal tickets between 1000 hours and 1200 hours . This restriction shall be enforced through frequent inspection at the counters. The agents both web service agents and web agents shall also be restricted from booking Tatkal tickets on the internet between 1000 hours and 1200 hours.
- Even for internet booking for Tatkal tickets, the passenger shall enter the identity proof type and number, which is to be used for travel. These details shall be printed on the ERS/indicated on the VRM/MRM as well as in the reservation chart.
- It will be possible to book a maximum of only four passengers per PNR for Tatkal tickets .
- The web services agents of IRCTC will be permitted to book only one Tatkal ticket per train per day on the internet.
- The facility of change of name is not permitted on the bookings made under Tatkal Rules
- TDRs are not being issued for waiting list tickets.
Refunds on IRCTC Tatkal Ticket
No refund will be given on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets/duplicate tatkal ticket except in case of circumstances:
- If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours at the journey originating point of the passenger not the boarding point if the passenger’s journey originating point and boarding point are different.
- If the train is to run on a diverted route and passenger is not willing to travel.
- If the train is to run on diverted route and boarding station or the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
- In case of non-attachment of coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
If the party has been accommodated in lower class and does not want to travel. In case the party travels in lower class, the passenger will be given refund of difference of fare and also the difference of Tatkal charges, if any.